“Everybody and their mother has a book and a podcast these days.”Loren Weisman.
Last week, I had the opportunity to speak with Jaysen Sutton, founder of The Corporate Law Academy, in his ‘Trainee Talk’ podcast series.
TCLA aims to assist aspiring commercial solicitors in their journey towards a Training Contract, providing a number of guides, resources and mentoring contacts. The online learning platform is full of really useful information that is invaluable to helping you through the application process for commercial firms – from online applications right through to assessment centres and interviews. TCLA also runs a number of networking conferences and events, designed to help you learn more about what a trainee’s responsibilities are, learn more about a certain sector of commercial law, or to simply develop your professional network.
Their podcast series, ‘Trainee Talk’, interviews current and future trainee solicitors at various law firms on a broad variety of topics. During my podcast episode, entitled “Leveraging your Unique Selling Points”, I spoke about:
- My journey into the world of Law and securing a Training Contract
- The development of this blog and my plans for it in the future
- Mental health and wellbeing within the legal sector
- The benefits of meditation and mindfulness – especially for Law students
- My advice regarding networking, drafting an application and interviewing
…and much more! You can find links to the podcast episode and TCLA below.